STANFORD HEALTH CARE
The Stanford Health Care site was ailing from complexity that weighed down the experience for the majority of users. The goal for our engagement was to increase user satisfaction across the board, but in particular when trying to find a doctor or clinic.
We kicked off the project with a lengthy discovery phase, learning that the main pain-points for users derived from a lack of navigation. The intention was that users could search for anything, but this didn't serve those who didn't know what to search for.
Research. Discovery. Sketching. Rinse. Repeat
As we were working to understand what users needed from the Stanford Health Care site, we were also involved in workshops to better understand the goals of the business. From there, we worked to align the business goals and user needs—getting the 'why' and 'how' in order to begin sketching solutions that address both.
Early stage sketches on the right resemble the scribblings of a mad-man, but getting out some of the wild ideas helped us define which we would move forward with into higher fidelity prototypes to share with our clients.
Concept wires. Much Iteration.
Following many intense sketching and whiteboarding sessions with the internal team, stakeholder groups in marketing and IT, we moved into wireframing the experience for a responsive site using Axure—thank you, adaptive views. Adding interactions where appropriate in order to replicate the experience users might encounter.
Testing. Analysing. Testing again. Analysing again. Etc.
Checking in with users was imperitive for us to produce a tool that satisfied user needs. We wanted to learn if the elements we were introducing to the experience lived up to their expectations, or if we needed to head back to the drawing board.
Of course, back to the drawing board we went with certain elements of the page. Very minor changes really: moving the placement and treatment of the toggle, defaulting to the list view of physicians, which provides users with more information up front.